What to See & Do on Vacation in the Texas Hill Country
Some folks enjoy coming to stay at Star of Texas Bed & Breakfast, so they can relax and enjoy time with each other and do nothing. Others want to know more about the Texas Hill Country Wine Trail and other attractions nearby. We are a small community of 30k friendly folks; we do have limited shopping but great local restaurants and antique shops.
For events in the area, visit the Brownwood Visitor Center.
When you come to stay with us, we have some favorite places we want you to experience if you are looking for things to see & do.
- The Turtle Restaurant & Enoteca - This is a great slow food restaurant and wine bar in downtown Brownwood.
- Humphrey Pete’s – Large menu with great steaks and baby back ribs.
- The Runaway Train - This is a fun old train dinner car and has great burgers and shakes.
- Steve’s Market & Deli – A fun, eclectic deli downtown with great sandwiches.
- Underwood’s Cafeteria - An icon in Brownwood, with a buffet-style barbeque and fixin’s.
- Brownwood Art Association, art shows and exhibits throughout the year.
- Lyric Theatre plays and music offered year round.
- The Geneaology and Local History section of the Brownwood Public Library & many different museums for the history lovers.
- Shockey Stables, horseback riding about 1 hour away.
- Lake Brownwood State Park, trails and fishing
- Regency Suspension Bridge
- Gorman Falls at Colorado Bend State Park
Trails to Follow