You are so nervous to let your Mom know that you have decided to elope. Probably afraid your best friends will be mad at you and not understand. Here are some tips to help make the announcement less stressful.
- You need to decide when is the best time to tell your family and friends you are going to elope. Maybe make it a special evening and have them over for a nice dinner and make the announcement at the end of the meal and then talk about it with them. This will also make it easier for you to plan out what you want to say
- Be very sensitive about how you tell them. You don’t want to say, “we are eloping, and you can’t change our minds”. Explain to them your feelings and why this is so important to you both to have an intimate relaxed time together. It may take them a little while to accept this, but they will come around to it.
- Once the closest family and friends know your plans, then you can always make an announcement on social media. Post some engagement photos to set the mood of how happy you both are and how excited you are to have this great adventure together that fits your personality.
- Party Time. Have a party for your engagement announcement. Celebrate with friends and family to make them feel they are part of your great plans to elope. Maybe have some photos of where you will have your ceremony and tell why you are so excited about this location.
- If you choose to have a small group of family or friends at your elopement, that is your decision. You have to know that someone might get upset about not getting invited, but it’s your day, do it your way.
Now that it is announced, plan for an amazing elopement that will be a memorable experience. And remember to take lots of pictures.